Pages

18 November 2008

What's in a name?

Now that I have decided to join the blogging community, I have to make all sorts of decisions, such as, "What do I title this thing?" and "What look do I want?" I want this blog to focus on genealogy. I looked at other genealogy related blogs and liked what I saw, but I didn't want to be a copycat. I wanted something that would relate a little about me and my experience.

I finally settled on "A Pro-Am Family Historian" as a title after reading about it in Wikipedia. To quote:
  • "Pro-Ams - people pursuing amateur activities to professional standards" —excerpts, The Pro-Am Revolution (2004)
That settled it. I have a Bachelors in Family History from BYU, but I haven't (yet) accredited or certified. I have worked in the field for companies and worked on my own. I have done it as a volunteer and as an employee. It is a passion as well as an interest. Once I can accredit or get certified, I will, by all accounts, be considered a professional. I am trying to do all my work to that standard now.

Now I have to decide on a look. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

St.Pie said...

Welcome to blogging, Clorinda:) xx